Saturday, March 19, 2005

Down

Feeling a little down tonight. I've been collaborating with someone on a book, and things seem to be halted, maybe permanently.

What's really pissing me off is I don't know where things stand; I don't know where I stand. He's not being very communicative, less and less as the weeks go on and the excuses pile up. Problem is, every one is legitimate -- lack of time, working on something for someone else, lots of overtime at work. But, taken all together, it's starting to sound suspicious. If there is a problem, I'd like to know. If he just wants to quit; if it's me, he doesn't want to work with me anymore; if he's figured that the author we're writing this for, who doesn't know about it, won't accept it. Last time I heard from him, several days ago, he was rewriting another book. If he has the time for that, but not the time for this book, what does that tell me?

Trouble is, I got enthused. I have three chapters written. True, it wasn't my idea to begin with, and the major plot is his. However, I do think I've come up with a few good plot points.

I'd like to know one way or the other, but with my temper, I hate confrontations. I don't want to react in a way that will burn my bridges, but I have a feeling the bridges are being deconstructed while I'm waiting in vain for answers.

No comments: