Friday, June 24, 2005

Writing

I wrote a little bit today, just the beginning of a story that I had the idea for months ago. At least I'm beginning again. For some reason I've been lethargic about it. Just never seemed to be the right time, or I couldn't seem to write anything that wasn't awful. I like what I've put down so far, and I should finish it this weekend. I might show it to Jerry first, before it goes up on the Fan Fiction Forum, if he's not too busy. Just a general look-over, see if it makes sense and what I'm writing is coherant.

It should be an exciting time coming up in July. New Blood will be coming out very soon. Contract negotiations for The Destroyer should be settled, and we'll know if there will be more books beyond 2005. Hopefully, we'll learn that better books will be coming out, with rewriting done where it's needed to get the characterization back on track. The next Destroyer book will be out about the middle of July. Not as looked forward to since the problems started, but I've decided to enjoy what elements of the story I can, and ignore the bad parts.

And The Half-Blood Prince, of course. There's so much anticipation, it's almost a let down when I've read it. Then it will be at least a year until book seven. And no more new Harry Potters after that, at least so J.K. Rowling has said.

No comments: