Sunday, October 16, 2005

NaNoWriMo

I've signed up for the national novel writing month. I'd heard about it last year, but couldn't think of anything to write. This time I have an idea; whether the novel will turn out well isn't the point. In fact, since it's probable there will be no time for editing, I should make up my mind before I start that it'll be total crap. Although I still hope that somehow there will be something worthwhile somewhere within it -- enough that I can work on it and maybe have something better than I thought.

While I'm waiting to start, I'm plotting out characters and what's going to happen and breaking that into chapters. I won't have time for planning when I start writing. There may be a lot of: he was a very, very, very, very, very tall man. Hmmm... note to self, don't use italics too much, takes too long to italicize words. I could probably type five of six words in the time it takes me to highlight and hit the little "i" button on top of the box here.

I'll also try to write something every day, sort of as a warmup. Can't go from no words to 1700 a day. I'll continue my entries about The Witching Hour on my Live Journal and My Space, try to post more on Destroyerclub (though I'll have to keep on topic there). Too bad these places don't give you a word count.

One good thing has come from signing up for nanowrimo, but I can't say what it is yet. I don't want to write that something is going to happen and then it doesn't pan out.

1 comment:

Humour and last laugh said...

to be able to write something daily is great!