Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Twelve days to...

nanowrimo. Now I have the song from You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown running through my head. The one about The Book Report on Peter Rabbit... Twenty-two, twenty-three, twenty-four, twenty-five... I'm glad Microsoft Works and Open Office come with automatic word counting. And I also wonder if contractions count as one or two words. Maybe I'll I will not use any, just as a little bit of a word count booster.

Rather ordinary day. Good news on the Destroyer front. Jim Mullaney wrote an article about the decline of the series that was on The National Review Online. Anything that will get the series in the public eye now that Warren Murphy's shopping it around to publishers. Caused a bit of a controversy on the Destroyerclub (but what doesn't).

Yesterday was the twelfth anniversary of my mother's death. Got through it better than last year. Don't know what happened last year that made it so hard. Maybe a convergence of that, hormones, and God knows what else. Though it may not have hit me on the exact day. Last year I had a bad two days, then for some reason my mood broke suddenly. The only reason I can pinpoint the day is that I suddenly felt better about halfway through the seventh game of the world series. Not because the Red Sox had a chance of winning that for the first time in 87 years (or so). I remember sitting there, feeling miserable and wishing I could enjoy something I probably wouldn't see again, and suddenly I felt better. Hormones. Go figure. But I think the last game of the world series had to be later than the 18th.

To get back to nanowrimo, I'm wondering about the hyphens. Do hyphenated words count as one or two? Vital questions for a very important issue...


No comments: