Saturday, July 01, 2006

Dreams and nonsense

It's July already. And I was just getting used to June. The lengthening days (now on the wane again, though not noticeably yet), the cold, the copious rain. Summer in New England! Now we'll probably get searing heat and sunny days. A good thing, but it's such an abrupt turnaround.

Another silly thing:


I am The Hierophant

The Hierophant often represents learning with experts or knowledgeable teachers. This card also stands for institutions and their values. The Hierophant is a symbol of the need to conform to rules or fixed situations. His appearance in a reading can show that you are struggling with a force that is not innovative, free-spirited or individual. Groups can be enriching or stifling, depending on circumstances. Sometimes we need to follow a program or embrace tradition, other times, we need to trust ourselves.



Because everyone born on my birthday and year has exactly the same personality, intellect and struggles with the same issues.

I did have a dream the other night. I know I dream more than I can recall when I wake up. This one must have happened right on waking, which is why I remember it.

My mother and I were going to see a movie. It probably had a title, but I can only remember that Angelina Jolie was in it. Must have heard the name recently. We were in this big, modern movie megaplex, full of glass and chrome and escalators (it was seven stories). There were no signs outside the theaters to tell us what was playing, and I guess there was nobody around to ask, because we kept going into them to check. Inside, they had the name of the movie on the wall, but it was down in front on the side and was small enough that you had to go almost down to the screen to see it.

I remember in one of the theaters I left my mom at the back while I walked up front to check out the name. When I returned, she had started talking with another older women who was saying she was trying to find her movie too, and wasn't it a shame how confusing this place was. Next thing, we were on the escalator leading down to the lobby. Not sure who we asked or how we found out, but the movie we wanted to see was on the floor we had been on, but we had to go back down to the lobby to get there. Seems the megaplex was bisected down the middle, with theaters on both sides, but you could only get to the other side through the lobby. I was thinking how the architect was a sadist for making the design so awkward. Then I woke up.

Meaning? I don't know. At least it's better than my grandmother's dreams. She's always cleaning a big house.

No comments: