Monday, July 03, 2006

Happy Fourth

A happy Fourth of July to everyone in the U.S. A happy summer to those in the Northern hemisphere. And for anyone down below the equator? Well, warm weather's coming.

This should be an eventful week. I finally ordered DSL, after complaining about dial up and my ISP for over a year. Though I've been having trouble with the phone lines, hopefully DSL will be speedy enough even if the line crackles now and again. The installation package came today, but I'm going to hold off connecting until after the holiday. It should be easy and uncomplicated, but you never know. My friend got the same thing last month and their older computer didn't have the ethernet card to support it. They didn't have Internet access until her nephew could buy and install it. My computer is less than a year old, and I remember when I got it the booklet said it was DSL ready. I'm just hoping they meant the card as well as the connection port.

This isn't the week to lose the Internet for an extended period. The web master at DestroyerClub mailed our questions to Warren Murphy and Jim Mullaney on the 13th and I'm hoping this will be the week we get the answers. I'm guessing that maybe they've taken this long to return them for one (or both) of two reasons.

They may be writing the first new Destroyer book for the new publisher. Second, since there have been delays with the contract signing, maybe they are waiting until that's settled to return them. Some of the questions did have answers that depend on Warren being able to divulge the name of the publisher; he's already stated he doesn't want to do that until the signatures are on the dotted line.

It's a difficult wait. The next-to-last Gold Eagle Destroyer is coming out this month. I'm not looking forward to it, but I'll still buy and and try to get a little enjoyment. Even though it's like seeing old friends through a warped mirror.

No comments: