Saturday, May 21, 2005

Better

One week later. My cold is still here, though it's improving. My senses of smell and taste are still almost non-existent. It's been almost a week; I've never had that go on for so long. Still coughing.

I have a new car: a 2001 Nissan Altima. Picked it up yesterday. So far, it seems to be a pretty good car. It's been well-maintained. I just have to get used to a four cylinder engine. My Tempo was six cylinders; even though it was running poorly, it still had more power than the Nissan. When I got up to speed, it stayed there longer without me having to put my foot back down on the gas. On the other hand, when I was on the highway, I was going over seventy without realizing it. The Tempo always used to start to shake over 65, sort of like the Enterprise in the original series when it would go past a certain warp speed and Scotty would call up from Engineering. "Captain, she canna take anymore!"

New Blood is almost ready to go. I'm afraid I'm holding it back now. Brian emailed a release form to print and return via snail mail. With everything going on last week, I never printed it out. It'll have to wait for Monday now. I don't have a printer at home, so I'll have to do it at work. But I'll have an envelope ready and mail it out the same day.

No comments: