Sunday, May 15, 2005

Sick

Just goes to show, when you get lazy writing and think you can get back to it in a few days, then you get sick and can't do anything much at all.

Felt bad since Tues, but didn't come out to be a head cold until Fri. I've spent a miserable weekend sneezing, with my eyes running, and a sore throat too.

To make things worse, the car developed problems yesterday, and is at the garage waiting to get looked at tomorrow. The only good thing is I've got enough food in the house to get by for now. It was running fine until I spent $22 on gas yesterday, then leaving the gas station it couldn't accelerate and was making a ghastly noise. Sears was close by, but they don't handle engines, so I was off to my city, taking the back roads at 25mph, and managed to ge to my usual garage. Probably the transmission. When I put it in park and revved the engine it sounded fine (at first I thought putting gas sent some dirt into the fuel line, but then it would have affected the car even in park).

So, I'll be on the bus tomorrow, and I doubt I'll have a car when it's time to go home. If it's too expensive to fix it would be better to buy a new (used) car. I hate change, but I hate not having a car more.

No comments: